Pasta with cream sauce, a love to savor.
The biggest comfort of the day comes from dinner. I love quick, and easy, dinner recipes that cater to the entire family. In this recipe for pasta with cream sauce, I’ve combined simple steps to make the base, then you get to chose what else you want to mix in. Rigatoni pasta makes the meal both interesting and fun. Although you can use whatever pasta you prefer, my kids just can’t get enough of the curly pieces. So get ready to enjoy, the recipe for pasta with cream sauce is on it’s way.
Please note: This post contains some affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my links.
It’s the basis for culinary adventure.
Cooking is a divine practice. I say that with such conviction, because I’m a total food-a-colic. And my heart’s desire goes so deep, that it even trickles down to how I care for my dishes. Yes, I study recipes. But also, yes, I allow for spur of the moment changes based on my mood. That is the joy of cooking. What I think most people miss, is the fact that food is art. Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, deliciousness is centered upon the eater. Mamas, now is the time to experiment. Taste new things, try new flavors, and let your pallet expand. This recipe for pasta with cream sauce is the basis for culinary adventure.
It’s a recipe that screams for variation.
You see, pasta with cream sauce is the building block for many other dishes, since it allows variation. You make the pasta, you make the cream sauce, then you choose what else to add. Velvety smooth, savory, and filling, my mouth starts drooling just thinking about it. Sometimes, I’ll add TONS of veggies. Things like kale, chopped sweet potato, and mushrooms go very well. On the other hand, if I want something more simple, I’ll just add a few tomatoes and basil.
A note to consider before the recipe.
Now, it’s time to talk about kitchen equipment. When making pasta with cream sauce, please use a LARGE pan! Nothing is worse than pasta falling onto the stovetop because there was not enough room to stir it. Plus, you never know what you might want to mix in while it’s cooking. Leave lots of space to accommodate your add ins.
And with that, I’ll bid adieu. Remember to sign up for the Fullest Mom Newsletter. Not only will you keep up with ALL my recipes, you’ll also get encouraging messages as well. Have a great day.
Pasta with cream sauce
Stovetop: Medium (On mine that means 4)
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 carton of heavy whipping cream (16oz.) [allow to sit at room temp. for 15 minutes]
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbs flour
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 box of already cooked and drained rotini pasta (substitute for your favorite pasta.)
- Place pan on stovetop and turn to medium heat.
- While pan is still cold, add butter, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir ingredients together as the butter melts.
- Keep a close eye on it. It should have a paste like consistency.
- Next, add the chicken broth.
- Then, add the cream.
- Stir until all ingredients combined. Sauce should be simmering but not boiling. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Add the cheese.
- Now, stir constantly until cheese is melted and evenly distributed.
- Once sauce is smooth, add cooked rotini pasta.
- Stir all together.
- Add any other mix-ins like tomatoes, spinach, or peas and carrots.