Fullest Fifteen: Introducing Mom Blogger J. Ivy Boyter
It’s been a while since I’ve had a Fullest Fifteen. Today I’m introducing mom blogger J. Ivy Boyter. She is the operator of SAHM, Plus, and did you know the “Plus” stands for autocross. Like in your face, fast paced racing ya’ll. Yes! This mama is both articulate and fierce. Are you ready to know more? Continue reading for the full interview.
We’re interviewing Mom Blogger J. Ivy Boyter. Here’s her top blog post: What I Learned from the Consequence and Reward Jar System
Like any mom, I struggle to balance life’s demands while taking care of everyone’s individual needs, including my own. I’m working on it! Learning to parent as I go and finding ways to balance it. On my off time, I enjoy participating in Autocross racing. I love cars (mostly driving fast) and racing is the only thing about my life that still represents ME, wholeheartedly.
Here we go, Round 1 Intro:
1. What is the name of your blog? SAHM, Plus…
2. What is it about? Everyday solutions to all things parenting while encouraging mothers to care for themselves and find the “plus…” in their lives.
3. How many children do you have? A 5 year old daughter and a 1 year old son.
4. Did your blog start before or after your first child? After my first. It started as a way for me to do something for myself.
5. Do your children attribute to the content of your blog? They are the reason it started, so absolutely!
6. How? Learning to parent is a challenge. Learning to parent 2 high-needs children makes me just a little crazy. I enjoy working through the challenges and sharing what I find works for me. Also, my birth stories have contributed a bit to the blog as of late.
Round 2: Would you Rather?
We’re interviewing mom blogger J. Ivy Boyter. In this section, I give a pop quiz with the theme, Would You Rather? It’s fun and the answers are often unexpected. Let’s continue…
7. Would you rather eat spinach or fold laundry? I love to eat and I hate to work 😉 Some SAHM I am, right? I also love spinach, so I’d totally choose that!
8. How about dishes or sweeping? Getting to the hard questions, I see! Um, dishes if we’re talking using a dishwasher. If not, I’ll take sweeping … there seems to be something therapeutic about sweeping. That is, until the husband and kids trample through the house 2 minutes later …
9. What activities does your family like to do best? We seem to be the theme park type family. I’m crazy about Disney now that I have kids, but we enjoy taking them to anything that is age-appropriate. My husband and daughter are Jeeping buddies. And, my husband and I are Autocross buddies!
10. Indoors or outdoors? Florida’s sweltering heat is unbearable. If I can be inside, I prefer it.
Read Next: Fullest Fifteen, Introducing mom blogger Kendra.
Round 3: Inspirations:
Let’s learn about the heart of mom blogger J. Ivy Boyter. Here we discuss inspirations and motivations.
11. Would you let your oldest wear a princess dress, sunup to sundown, for a week straight? Heck no! I didn’t raise my daughter on Disney princess movies. In fact, she doesn’t know any of the princesses. Only recently have we started discussing letting her watch an occasional movie so that she can at least know what she’s looking at when we visit Disney World theme parks, LOL.
12. Do you play toys with the kids? Of course! I know it helps them to know how to play, builds their imagination, and allows us to enjoy time together.
13. What inspires you? Natural birth stories. I’m a total geek for those. I don’t even have to know the person well to get chills or cry tears of joy. Being emotional like that is rare for me.
14. What’s a mommy tip you’ve learned along the way? Expect the unexpected! That sums up parenting in every way.
15. How do you live your life to the fullest? I give my time and love to my family, but I remember to take time for myself. Even if my time seems irresponsible or dangerous, I go for it. When I’m gone, I never want my children think that I didn’t have an adventurous side. By doing what I love, it rebuilds my stores (like recharging batteries) to make me a better mother and wife.
The interview with mom blogger J. Ivy Boyter is complete.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Q&A session with mom blogger J. Ivy Boyter. It’s always nice to see how every mama navigates through life. Every time I complete another interview, I am always in awe. My wish is that you are ,too. In conclusion, if you would like to be a featured blogger, please use the contact page found here. Until then, when your hands are full, live your life and autocross to the fullest.