Get Higher Google Ranking with These SEO Tips
A year ago, as a beginning blogger, I used as little monetary resources as possible. I needed to try things first before I bought them, especially to test if they worked for me and my blog. Because of this, I always wanted things for free. Free trials? Of course! Free opt-ins? Sign me up! But, what about when it came to advertising? How could I get my blog advertised for free? The answer was simple, although it took a little trial and error. It boiled down to Google and harnessing more of it’s referrals. Google can show your site to millions, and having higher Google ranking is the best form of free advertising there is. If you’re curious or in need to know more about improving your SEO, keep reading. I have some great tips for below.
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Jacksonville SEO Company. The contents of this post was created as a collaboration with the sponsor.
Let’s talk about SEO and Google page ranking
SE what? When I first started my blog, I truly had no idea what SEO was. It took awhile for me to understand that search engine optimization (SEO) is the science of getting your website ranked highly with Google. The easier a search engine can find your site, the higher your ranking. It’s a great way to get lots of traffic, and new users. The better your SEO, the more you will show on Google’s first page of search results.
I needed to crack the code.
Believe me, I was there too! I mean, so many people search Google every single day. They look for various keywords and within those keywords, they find what they are looking for. After that, it’s just a matter of clicking over to that website to get the information they originally needed. I was overwhelm with the technicalities of the process. SEO is important and being on the first page of a Google search matters. I just didn’t know how to make it work for me. Even more so, all of this free exposure from Google could be a good thing, I just needed to crack the code.
Do you feel like SEO is overly technical?
Next, if you feel like getting a higher Google ranking is overly technical, don’t worry. As I stated before, we all started from somewhere. I grew other platforms before I even considered Google. If I could change anything about my blogging journey, I would’ve put higher Google ranking first. This is because it continues to work on your site even when you don’t post to social media. You can continuously get more users to your blog every week without being attached to the computer. Up next, I’ll explain a few simple tips for improving your SEO. Make the search engine your friend and get higher Google ranking, every time.
Here’s what I learned about Google ranking via SEO
After, lots of research, and actually reinventing my blog, I learned a few tips on improving SEO. Short and sweet, there are 3 easy steps that start the basis of a well-optimized site.
1. Specific Keywords– Think of one major keyword in each article that you write. For example, I made sure to repeat the term SEO often since this blog post is exactly that. Moreover, your articles should have consistency and repetition with the keywords, without overdoing it. Make sure your content is fulfilling; and that it uses specific keywords directed at your target audience.
2. Update Title Tags– The title tag is a big factor that Google uses to understand what your blog post is about. Additionally, if you want to change just one thing in your post, it would be the title tag. Ensure that your title tag has your targeted keyword and is under 55 characters. Google displays only 55 characters in its search results. Thus, anything longer than 55 keystrokes is hidden. Watch your characters, and add in your keyword.
3. Check Your Site Speed– Furthermore, make sure your site is running FAST. Google penalizes slow sites. You can check your site speed using Gtmetrix, Pingdom and Google Pagespeed Insights. Increasing your site speed is a whole other article on its own, but these 2 tips will help you to speed up your site significantly.
- Compress all your images. All images on my site go through 2 rounds of compression. First, I compress my images manually using tinypng.com. I also install a plugin called WP Smush that automatically compresses any images I upload further.
- Run a Pingdom test, and under “File Requests,” sort the requests by load time.You’ll be able to see what files are being opened and how long it is taking. Look at the requests which are taking the longest time to load, and consider deleting them if you can. When I did this, I deleted a bunch of useless files, and my site speed went up significantly.
When to call in the experts…
Lastly, if all of this still seems overwhelming, make a consultation at a local agency to give your site the boost that it needs. For my Florida bloggers, the Jacksonville SEO Company offers a variety of software products to help test, track, and optimize your web traffic. They will help you rank via SEO; and even if you may have zero SEO experience yourself, will help build your blog. Their professional SEO services will help your site compete for higher Google ranking and more referrals. Thanks to Matt Anton and his team of experts, you can be sure you’re in good hands.
Tell me your experience
Whether you’re a new blogger or have an existing website you’d like to enhance, tell me your experience. What were some other ways you think you can get higher Google ranking via SEO? My journey as a mother and freelance writer has been an ever-learning process. Adding SEO to the mix makes it all the more streamlined. Until next time, remember when your hands are full, live your life to the fullest.