Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, A Wonderful Family Treat
Feeding a family of five, at times, can be tricky. Not only are we talking about meals that will please multiple palettes; we are also talking about dishes that will fit into our family budget. Luckily, my recipe for crispy baked chicken wings does both. And, as an extra bonus, I’ll let you in on the secret ingredient that gives this oven-baked dish, a deep fried crisp. Consequently, you’ll want to wear a bib to catch your drool as you read more.
Please note: This post contains some affiliate links. I am compensated if you make a purchase using my affiliate links.
Want an easy baked chicken wing recipe?
In a previous post, I explained how to have the greatest ever roasted chicken breast. It’s a great recipe; but chicken breast is not always on sale. Furthermore, being that the “Big Game” is in a few weeks, chicken wings are at their best price for the year. Football and wings are a no brainer. Use this recipe to get your fill.
The secret ingredient that makes the wings extra crispy
To begin, to give context to this story, I HATE FRYING. I may enjoy fried foods on occasion; but, as the sole cook of the family, I just despise the oil filled method. I have a weird fear of hot oil. Heavy pans, filled to the brim with hot oil, do not work for me.
Frying is not convenient and turns into a huge headache for me.
So, what is the secret ingredient? Simple baking powder. It eliminates moisture from the chicken skin and makes your wings extra crispy. You can get Rumford Baking Powder from most grocery stores.
Now that you know, are you ready to go? Let’s get this recipe started.
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tbs. canola oil
- 1 tbs. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- First and foremost, preheat your oven to 400°.
- Then, set a nonstick wire rack inside 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Remember to line the baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix vegetable oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss wings into bowl and mix until evenly coated.
- Then, divide the wings and spread them out in a single layer onto the wire racks.
- Sprinkle evenly with the baking powder.
- Afterward, bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, approximately 50 minutes.
- Finally, dip the crispy oven baked chicken wings into the prepared sauce of your choice. Or, just do like we do and eat them as is.
Feeding the family is easy with this recipe.
Last, crispy baked chicken wings are a thing to be desired. I was able to ditch the frying pan and let the oven do all the work. Before I go, I want to make sure you sign up for our newsletter here. You’ll receive updates every time I release a new recipe. Exciting, right?
And, in closing, as always, I speak the motto: When your hands are full, it’s the best time to live to the fullest.