Easy Braided Pepperoni Pizza
Cooking for multiple children, can be loads of fun. Especially when you make their favorite dish….PIZZA! I love serving up this braided pepperoni pizza since it’s something the kids really enjoy. The presentation is always enticing and little hands want to grab all of the toasty pieces. As for the left overs, they heat up in the oven just fine the next day. If you’d like to know more about this easy dinner recipe keep reading. Braided pepperoni pizza will be your household’s new favorite hit.
Please note: This post contains some affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my links.
It’s a crowd pleaser
For starters, this recipe for braided pepperoni pizza feeds 4 kids. Makes we wonder why we stopped at 3… but I’m digressing. You can make your own dough or you can use store bought. The same is for the marinara sauce. Let the kids have fun kneading the dough before assembling. Get them involved in the process. It’ll be loads of fun and a dinner they won’t forget.
Customize your pizzas
Regardless if you are totally from scratch, or using store bought help, it’s so easy to modify this dish. You can even make it into a sauceless version. For instance, if you’re looking for something more adult than pepperoni, try filling your braided pizza with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Other suggestions include basil and a little bit of chopped garlic chicken. No matter how you make it, it’s certain to be a household favorite.
Braided Pepperoni Pizza
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 kids or 2 adults
- 2 cups pizza dough
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 20 pepperoni
- Pinch of dried oregano, thyme, and rosemary. (Optional)
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- First, start off by preheating your oven to 350F.
- Second, rollout enough pizza dough to make a 10 X 14 inch rectangle. The thickness should be about 1/4 inch.
- Next, spread 1/3 cup marinara sauce lengthwise down center of dough. Leave 3 inches without sauce on each side.
- Afterwards, add the dried herbs.
- Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Next, add pepperoni on top of that.
- With clean kitchen scissors, cut 3 inch incisions into the dough, going lengthwise. The cuts should be about 1 inch apart and look like fringe.
- Fold 1 strip up over toppings; then, fold 1 strip from the opposite side over the first strip.
- Repeat until the appearance of a braid is formed.
- Brush the top of your braided pepperoni pizza with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on to of that.
- Lastly, bake on a large baking sheet for 20 minutes, or until cheese on the inside is melted, and dough is crisp.